Long-Haul Truck Drivers Meals and Lodging

Employee truck drivers receiving a T4 are eligible to claim meals and lodging expenses while on the road. We file many of these claims each year and can help you get the most out of your tax return including the commonly missed deduction to claim meal allowances in US Dollars when driving south of the border. CRA reviews on truck driver meals are included with your fee so you know you will not have to pay more for this common review.

Ensure you retain your driving logs throughout the year as many e-logs are only available for download for 6-12 months and they are required to claim this tax credit. In addition, your employer(s) will need to sign a TL2 form for your meals and the T2200 form if you intend to claim a portion of your cell phone, safety gear, or other employment expenses.